Doorway is Recruiting a Support Worker
Part time: Minimum 16 hours per week and maximum 24 hours per week to be negotiated and dependent on skills and experienced. Minimum hours to cover Monday and Thursday drop-in sessions
£19,819 pro rata (NJC Pt 20) – six month contract initially. With contract extension dependent on the funding of the organisation.
The purpose of the post is:
- To provide support and practical assistance, befriending and signposting to clients (guests) of Doorway with an emphasis on helping guests to move on in their lives.
- To encourage guests (if appropriate) to seek alternative / additional interests or activities in their lives and to support those who wish to seek education, employment or volunteering opportunities
- To work closely with the Support Services Manager, other paid staff and volunteers of Doorway Wiltshire Ltd to ensure a safe welcoming environment for guests, partner agencies and visitors alike.
- To maintain good working relationships with key partner agencies – Children’s Services, Drugs and Alcohol, DWP, Housing Options, The Salvation Army, Unity House etc
- To assist with the delivery of the Women’s Group.
- To undertake specific project, research and campaign work as specified by the Chief Executive.
The person may be required to work alone and will be expected to show initiative. Some flexibility of working hours may be required from time to time including attendance at team meetings etc.
The post will involve working closely with the staff (paid and unpaid) of Doorway Wiltshire Ltd in order to ensure a safe welcoming environment for guests and visitors alike.
For an application pack by post please contact Amy at the Doorway office on 01249 445385 or email email@example.com
Download an Job Description from here:- Doorway JD Support Worker 2018
Download an application form from here:- Doorway Application Form Support Worker 2018
Closing date for applications is 12 noon Friday 9th November 2018
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 27th November 2018